Research Design and Conduct Service
The Research Design and Conduct Service (RDCS) South East Wales supports staff working within the National Health Service and social care to develop high quality research funding proposals.
Thank you for your interest in the Research Design and Conduct Service. You may be aware that following a decision by Health and Care Research Wales the service will cease to operate from 1 April 2023. We will continue to provide support to health and social care professionals under our current Charter up until then, so if you are currently thinking about, or actively working on, a research funding application please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then discuss with you what we can offer within the time remaining.
Areas of expertise
Areas of expertise include:
- formulating research questions
- identifying appropriate methodologies
- building a research team
- involving patients and the public
- providing advice on writing lay summaries
- identifying suitable funding opportunities
- designing a study
- crafting well-constructed funding proposals
- advising on regulatory and ethical issues
- identifying the resources required for a successful project
Specific help is also available with:
- research study design
- qualitative research
- data management
- trial management
RDCS South East Wales Director
RDCS South East Wales Deputy Director
Our portfolio of work includes drugs trials and complex interventions, mechanisms of disease and treatments, cohort studies and informing policy and practice.