Research Design and Conduct Service
The Research Design and Conduct Service (RDCS) South East Wales supports staff working within the National Health Service and social care to develop high quality research funding proposals.
Increasing research capacity
The Research Design and Conduct Service provides guidance and advice to enable eligible researchers to assess the potential of an idea and to develop a study or trial idea effectively up to the point of application for funding. Staff from all areas and disciplines are encouraged to contact us by completing a request for support form to assess eligibility for research support.
The service is free for NHS and social care professionals who are intending to seek grants or funding for their proposal. NHS staff also need to ensure that their local NHS Research and Development office supports the research proposal.
Areas of expertise
Areas of expertise include:
- Formulating research questions
- Identifying appropriate methodologies
- Building a research team
- Involving patients and the public
- Providing advice on writing lay summaries
- Identifying suitable funding opportunities
- Designing a study
- Crafting well-constructed funding proposals
- Advising on regulatory and ethical issues
- Identifying the resources required for a successful project
Specific help is also available with:
- Research study design
- Qualitative research
- Data management
- Trial management
RDCS South East Wales Director
RDCS South East Wales Deputy Director
Take the next step and request a meeting with a consultant now.