Treialon Cymru is an exciting initiative funded by Health and Care Research Wales to provide opportunities across the whole of Wales for people to engage with trials.
It is led by the Centre for Trials Research at Cardiff University and links across the Health and Care Research Wales funded infrastructure and beyond.
The Treialon Cymru initiative comprises three key elements:
- A research development programme aimed at increasing the number of large-scale studies led from Wales in areas of high priority for our services.
- An associate members programme to support people working in health and social care in Wales to be linked to a CTU to develop their understanding of what a CTU is and does.
- A stakeholder engagement programme to ensure that this work is meeting the needs of everyone in Wales, with an emphasis on diversity (including geographical).
During the first two years of activity, Treialon Cymru has completed:
- two submissions per annum for large scale trials in areas of high priority for Wales to NIHR and/or UKRI
- two cohorts per annum of associate members (starting at eight per cohort in year one)
- monthly virtual events on aspects of trials and four regional in person events per year
This work has been funded for two years from 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2025 in the first instance. Through each element, we will gain feedback and assessment of outcomes in order to refine and develop the programme.
We welcome collaboration for research, for data sharing and as part of our Associate Members Programme.