Howell Ward, Llanarth Court Hospital
Llanarth Court Hospital, Monmouthshire
Clinical Teacher Contact:
Low secure forensic assessment and treatment
Key Learning Opportunities:
The student will be able to access the following situations to fulfil their learning needs with the appropriate support, guidance and supervision:
- MDT Ward rounds
- To assist the patients with their activities of daily living
- To assist with pre-admission assessments – medium secure units, high secure hospitals, prisons – and to assist senior nurse with preparing the subsequent report
- To undertake a hospital specific medication assessment programme – see attached
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care under the Tidal model guidelines, the Tidal model.
- To attend MHRTs if opportunity presents itself .
- To take part with “security checks” on an hourly, daily and weekly basis – assessment of risk.
- To attend any clinical refreshers – learning groups organised by the Practice Development Nurse
- To attend clinical supervision groups to facilitate reflective practice
Preparation For Practice:
Yes – year 3 only