University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN
Staff Nurse Karen Sweet 02920 743066
- Specialist Placement (Adult) Interventional Radiology
- Can also be an alternative to a theatre placement as Interventional Radiology is best described as a more informal theatre environment in a “catheter lab” type setting
- Arterial, venous, endoscopic and biliary work is carried out on a variety of patient. From out-patients to critically ill patients in high care settings.
- We conduct vascular interventions, neuro-vascular interventions, hepato-biliary interventions and uro-radiological interventions.
Key Learning Opportunities:
- Patient Assessments
- Patient Monitoring
- Nurse Sedationist Role
- Recovery Role
- Scrub Role
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- 0845 - 1700, Monday - Friday
Uniform and theatre scrubs