Dr Shaaron Pratt
My research activities are as follows:
- MEd Clinical Assessment of Student Radiographers. A UK investigation on the methods used to assess students in the clinical environment. From this work a method was devised and implemented.
- PhD: Radiographers’ perspectives on their changing roles and some implications for their pre-service education in Wales: a study of three departments. This study explores factors influencing the present and future roles of radiographers in different settings and proposes changes which should be made to radiography education.
- Leader of the Education and Training Work Packages of the Diagnostic Imaging Modernisation Project ( WAG initiative) . This project involved a training needs analysis was undertaken and the identification of extended roles for radiographers and the potential for the future development of radiographers and medical physics personnel. The report produced described what the diagnostic imaging workforce will look like in 2011 and the steps needed to take to work towards this. Methods used: focus groups, questionnaire.
- Leader of the project which investigated current provision for health professional CPD in HE and FE sectors. The report produced information for existing health care professionals and for those wishing to join health care as support workers.
- Department of Radiography Research team Leader . Team researching service delivery and evaluation /professional development.