Online journals can be accessed from outside the University using your network username and password - see Off-Campus Access to Electronic Resources for instructions.
- Cardiff University E-Journal Portal - list of all the electronic journals available through Cardiff University libraries
- JSTOR - electronic journal archive, containing back-issues of an ever-increasing number of major periodicals, including Journal of Hellenic Studies, Journal of Roman Studies, American Journal of Archaeology, Hesperia and Britannia (subscription-only site, available to Cardiff University users)
- Electronic journals in archaeology - available to Cardiff users.
- TOCS-IN - search the contents of over 180 Classical journals, in most cases from 1992 onwards.
- Journal abbreviations - if you've ever been puzzled by JRS, BCH, BAR or PBSR, here is a list of standard abbreviations for the titles of journals and other important publications, from the American Journal of Archaeology.
Journals with content available online
- American Journal of Archaeology Bryn Mawr Classical Review - online reviews of new books about classics, ancient history and classical archaeology.
- Mélanges de l'École Française de Rome, Antiquité - from no. 112.2 (2000) onwards
- Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik - issues 73–133 (1988–2000) available so far