Dr Adam Glen
- June 2011 – present: Postdoctoral research associate in stem cell biology (EPSRC funded), Cardiff University.
- October 2010 – June 2011: Stem cell scientist, GE healthcare, Cardiff.
- Nov 2008 – Oct 2009: Research associate in stem cell biology, Centre for Stem Cell Biology, The University of Sheffield.
- Oct 2005 – Oct 2008: Doctoral student, ‘Proteomic analysis of prostate cancer cell lines with increased metastatic potential’. Medical School, Department of Human Metabolism, University of Sheffield, UK.
- Sep 2004 – July 2005: Stem cell research technician, Centre for Stem Cell Biology, The University of Sheffield.
- Sept 2001 – June 2004: BSc (hons) Biomedical science. Department of Biomedical science, University of Sheffield, UK.
Memberships / External Activities
Cardiff Institute for Tissue Engineering & Repair (CITER).
Science Technology Engineering and Maths network ambassador (STEM NET).
Supervision of CUROP funded undergraduate student.
Involvement in teaching MSc in Implantology.
Awards / Prizes
Winner of Aragon competition (£1000, competitive) in stem cell biology. Sponsored by Miltenyi. March 2012.
Awarded a travel grant (£500, competitive, peer reviewed) from the British Society for Developmental Biology to attend the 7th Annual ISSCR meeting, Barcelona, Spain, July 2009.
Highly commended poster. Sheffield University Medical School Research Day, July 2009.
1st place team in the Enterprise and Business course (£50 prize, Competitive), The University of Sheffield, May 2008.
1st place oral presentation (£250 prize, competitive, peer reviewed) at Sheffield University Medical School Annual Research Day, July 2007. Most junior prize winner. http://www.shef.ac.uk/medicine/meeting/past
Awarded an MRC funded (competitive, peer reviewed) PhD October 2005.
Awarded a GSK/British Pharmacological society sponsored place (competitive, peer reviewed) on a science summer school July 2003, University of Glasgow.