Welsh language opportunities
An ability to speak Welsh can be very useful during your training and when starting a career within healthcare across Wales.
We are committed to helping you develop your Welsh academically and in professional/clinical settings. During your time here you will be able to:
- work with Welsh-speaking tutors and Welsh language tutors
- work with Welsh-speaking supervisors during some placements (where possible)
- work with Welsh-speaking students on group assessments (where possible)
- sit some exams and written assessments in Welsh.
Whether you are already a Welsh speaker or just keen to learn, we can support the development of your Welsh language skills.
A grant is also available through the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol's scholarship scheme for students who complete a third of their course through the medium of Welsh.
Find out more
Find out more about our Welsh medium lecturer on Cardiff University's Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Branch website.
You can also contact our Welsh language team for details of Welsh and bilingual support available in each programme.
Medicine Welsh language team
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2068 7798