Since 2017 we have been running a MEDIC Ambassador scheme for our medical students and alumni who wish to engage with schoolchildren.
We now have a pool of over 150 ambassadors across the student year groups who have a real passion for medicine and inspiring the next generation of doctors and healthcare professionals.
Our engagement team is building its network with schools and colleges across Wales in order to compile a catalogue of engagement opportunities for MEDIC ambassadors.
Several secondary schools and primary schools in Wales have already been visited by ambassadors, running activities, talks and workshops. These include:
- the human body
- blood, guts and gore
- the heart and circulatory system
- the brain
- testicular cancer/check your bits for boys and girls
- careers fairs and talks
- life as a medical student/doctor.
What are the benefits to schools and teachers?
- support in teaching the curriculum
- enhanced learning, backed up with 'real life' examples
- inspiring teachers and pupils - raising career aspirations
- long term partnership with Cardiff University School of Medicine.
Request an ambassador visit
We are always delighted to hear from schools across Wales, so if you would like a visit from our ambassadors please complete our request form.
We are happy to provide any bespoke workshop or talk, and we will try our best to accommodate your request wherever possible.
Find out more
If you're interested in engaging with us or if you would like to learn more about our engagement activities, please contact: