Published 23 Dec 2016 • 20 mins read
Marking, grading and giving feedback
This set of materials is intended to provide guidance and support for those who are new to assessing and giving feedback and who are asked to implement an existing assessment process.
The emphasis here is to provide practical help in doing the marking you are asked to do, however, there will also be some opportunity to think about assessment more broadly and to critique the approaches we use particularly in UK Higher Education.
The download is split into six sections:
- Some Key Features of Assessment
- Features of good quality assessment
- Getting Started with Marking
- Assessment Criteria and Marking Schemes
- Providing Useful Feedback
- Two Assessment Challenges.
It is completed with a set of further reading suggestions and useful web resources.Download