International law transfers
Each term, we welcome many international students to the School of Law and Politics due to our friendly, supportive, and culturally diverse environment.
If you are an international student interested in studying law in the future, you can apply to study with us via the standard UCAS route or via a transfer which we offer in conjunction with a number of partner institutions located in other parts of the world.
We offer transfer programmes from the following partner institutions:
- Brickfields Asia College (BAC)
- HELP University
- Taylors University
- INTI International University
- University of London
A transfer programme allows eligible students studying an LLB programme at a partner institution to transfer to Cardiff University in either year 2 or year 3 to complete their LLB programme. You will join a challenging, stimulating, and dynamic community where you’ll gain the skills, confidence, and motivation to excel in the field of law.
Law Transfer Scholarship
The Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship is available to eligible students transferring into either year 2 or year 3 of our LLB programmes from the partner institutions. Further information on the Law Transfer Scholarship can be found on the Cardiff University International webpages.
Reasons to transfer to Cardiff
- Join a Top 20 law school (The Complete University Guide 2023) and member of the Russell Group which represents 24 leading UK universities.
- Complete your legal education via our Bar Training Course, your route to qualifying as a barrister. Teaching provided by trained barristers and solicitors.
- Choose from a range of exciting modules which will help you understand the society in which you live.
- Take part in the Cardiff University Innocence Project which helped overturn convictions at the Court of Appeal.
- Gain a head start in your legal career developing client care, legal research, writing and public speaking skills via our range of pro bono schemes.
- Immerse yourself in our international community of over 7,000 international students from more than 130 countries.
Justin transferred to Cardiff following a first year studying law in Malaysia. Read more about his experiences and why he choose the School of Law and Politics.