Welsh language opportunities
We aim to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to function successfully in the legal world in a modern Wales.
Recent legal developments, including a devolved Wales, have led to a significant increase in the demand for bilingual solicitors in both public and private sectors.
You can study a full LLB degree in Welsh in all our undergraduate programmes. Or you can choose to study part of your undergraduate degree in Welsh. Tutorial classes are available for all core modules during the three year degree period:
- Law and its foundations (20 or 30 credits)
- Public Law (20 or 30 credits)
- Contract Law (20 or 30 credits)
- Criminal Law (20 or 30 credits)
- Tort Law (20 or 30 credits)
- Devolution in Wales (20 credits)
- Land Law (20 or 30 credits)
- European Union Law (20 or 30 credits)
- Dissertation (20 or 30 credits)
- Trust Law (20 or 30 credits)
Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Scholarships
The Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol, a Welsh Assembly body which provides funding for Welsh medium Higher Education, offers several scholarships for those who intend studying their degrees through the medium of Welsh.
The Coleg offers Scholarships of £3,000 over a three year period for undergraduates who are studying at least 66% or 80 credits of their programme each year through the medium of Welsh.
Incentive Scholarships of £500 a year (or £1500 over 3 years) are available for students who intend studying at least 40 credits a year of their degree programmes through the medium of Welsh.