Royal Society University Research Fellowships
We invite researchers to submit an expression of interest for the Royal Society University Research Fellowships with Cardiff University as the host organisation.
Royal Society offers five year Fellowships for early career researchers, offering a major career development opportunity.
This Fellowship provides the opportunity to build an independent research career. Those appointed are expected to be strong candidates for permanent posts in universities at the end of their fellowships.
It covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine. Researchers addressing a direct biomedical research question should apply for a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements, which are explained in the scheme notes.
To apply applicants must:
- have already been awarded a PhD
- be at an early stage of their research career (3-8 years since their PhD) (career breaks will be taken into consideration)
- not hold a permanent position in their current post
- not hold or previously have held a nationally competitive fellowship eg STFC Rutherford Fellowship, NERC Independent Research Fellowship etc - holders of postdoctoral training fellowships such as the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions can apply.
Submit your expression of interest
The next call for applications is expected to close in Tuesday 4 September.
To express interest in this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- your full name
- your discipline and expected host school.
We will put you in touch with your proposed host school.
As an applicant, you must ensure your host school has discussed your intention to apply well in advance of submitting an application. You are strongly recommended to express your interest in this scheme as early as possible, and by the end of July 2018 at the latest, to comply with internal school deadlines.
For general enquiries, please contact:
Research Development Team
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 79430/88775