Security and emergency contacts
There are several ways to raise any security or emergency issues that you may have.
For both emergency and non-urgent issues, please contact the Control Room, open 24 hours, seven days a week.
Security Control Room
Concerns about student welfare
If you have a concern about a student, please download the concern report form and email it to email@example.com. We will respond to your query where possible within 1 day between 10:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) term time only. Outside of these hours please contact Security on +44 (0)29 2087 4444.
- If you email us with a concern after 16:00 please note that this will not be attended to until the following weekday
- If you believe the student you are concerned about is in immediate danger or a danger to others, please call 999
- If they live in university-owned residences, you can call Security on +44 (0)29 2087 4444
- If they live in privately-owned residences, please contact the residence manager.
Download the concern report form:
You can call the local Police services in two ways:
- For emergency calls, dial 999.
- For non-emergency calls, dial 101.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and need to contact South Wales Police in an emergency, you can dial the force’s minicom system or use an emergency SMS service.
The minicom number is 01656 656980.