Learning at Work Week
5 May 2017
Learning at Work Week is a great opportunity to try out something new and different from our normal day to day activities. It’s an annual festival co-ordinated by the Campaign for Learning, a national charity working towards social inclusion through learning.
This year’s theme is all about being curious and creative. Cardiff University is hosting a fantastic range of events, from information talks and conferences to interactive and creative sessions such as hands-on workshops, virtual reality experiences and poetry readings. Why not join us this Learning at Work Week?
Clare Sinclair, Head of Cardiff University’s CPD Unit, comments ‘in this ever changing world of work, making the most of opportunities available to help us learn and develop and acquire new skills is more important than ever. Through its broad range of events the University hopes to help inspire and motivate people to continue or re-connect with learning and all the benefits it brings to life.’
Here’s a small flavour of what’s coming up. For our full programme details and to register (where required) please go to our Public Events webpage and search by date.
- Pint of Science: Curious Connections - join us as we explore the connections of the brain and discover how they shape every day of our lives
- Cardiff Chemistry Conference - a forum for leading scientists from across the world to present the results of their ground-breaking research
- Hand I Pocket Funshop - Hand i Pockets are playful sensory textile pockets created to amuse, comfort and engage people with advanced dementia. Come and create your own, either for a specific friend or family member, or to be donated to somebody with dementia
- A walk through dementia – virtual reality experience - Cardiff University researchers use a unique app developed by Alzheimer’s Research UK, designed to put you in the shoes of someone living with dementia. This virtual reality experience will allow you to look at everyday life through a new lens
- Dementia Friends: Free Information Sessions - friendly and interactive sessions designed to increase understanding of dementia and think about the small things that can be done to make a difference to people affected by dementia in your community