London Insurance Market welcomes Cardiff University students
8 July 2015
Following on from a presentation to Cardiff Business School’s Logistics & Operations Management section and Cardiff Law School in February, the London Insurance Market recently invited a small group of students to a special student away day.
- The away day, hosted in London on June 18th 2015, consisted of talks, visits and discussions with leading figures from the world’s foremost marine insurance industry.
- Welcome by James Short, Claims Manager Ascot Underwriting
- Presentation by Paul Hill, Chief Surveyor Western Europe, Braemar: “The Surveyors Role in a Marine Insurance Claim”
- Visits to Insurance Companies, Brokers and Managing agents; including a guided tour around Lloyd’s of London
- Presentation by Simon Todd, Partner, Ince & Co LLP: “Lawyers in the Marine Insurance Industry – More exciting than you think”
- Reception – Sky Garden, public space that spans three storeys and offers 360 degree uninterrupted views across the City
Accompanied by academics from both Schools, the students in attendance were drawn from the Business School’s MSc Marine Policy programme and the Law School’s postgraduate Maritime and Shipping Law programme.
Cardiff Business School’s Dr Rawindaran Nair said: “This was an excellent opportunity afforded to our students, allowing them to see the workings in the world centre of marine insurance and to consider ambitions to join this industry and evaluate the career prospects within it.”
Cardiff Law School’s Mr David Glass agreed and added: “We wish to place on record our appreciation to our hosts in London for the excellent visit they organised and the time they took with the students.”