Explore our publications to discover how we're addressing some of the most significant research themes in computer science and informatics.
Many of our researchers make their full text freely available to view and share, supporting research innovation on a global scale.
- Ahmed, L. , Mumford, C. and Kheiri, A. 2019. Solving urban transit route design problem using selection hyper-heuristics. European Journal of Operational Research 247 (2), pp.545-559. (10.1016/j.ejor.2018.10.022)
- Alberti, G. et al., 2019. Essential spectrum for Maxwell's equations. Annales Henri Poincaré (10.1007/s00023-019-00762-x)
- Alsufyani, A. et al., 2019. Breakthrough percepts of famous faces. Psycophysiology 56 (1) e13279. (10.1111/psyp.13279)
- Bouraoui, Z. and Schockaert, S. 2019. Automated rule base completion as Bayesian concept induction. Presented at: AAAI-2019: 33rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence Honololu, HI, USA 27 January - 1 February 2019.
- Crossley, S. G. M. et al., 2019. Perceptions of visualising physical activity as a 3D-printed object: A formative study (Preprint). JMIR: Journal of Medical Internet Research 21 (1) e12064. (10.2196/12064)
- Dillen, M. et al., 2019. A benchmark dataset of herbarium specimen images with label data. Biodiversity Data Journal 7 e31817. (10.3897/BDJ.7.e31817)
- Evans, M. , Harborne, D. and Smith, A. 2019. Developing an objective indicator of fatigue: An alternative mobile version of the psychomotor vigilance task (m-PVT). In: Longo, L. and Leva, M. eds. Human Mental Workload: Models and Applications. H-WORKLOAD 2018.. Vol. 1012, Communications in Computer and Information Science Switzerland: Springer. , pp.49-71. (10.1007/978-3-030-14273-5_4)
- Hardisty, A. et al. 2019. Research infrastructure challenges in preparing essential biodiversity variables data products for alien invasive species. Environmental Research Letters 14 25005. (10.1088/1748-9326/aaf5db)
- Hardisty, A. et al. 2019. The Bari Manifesto: an interoperability framework for essential biodiversity variables. Ecological Informatics 49 , pp.22-31. (10.1016/j.ecoinf.2018.11.003)
- Hu, B. et al., 2019. Pairwise-comparison-based rank learning for benchmarking image restoration algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia , pp.1. (10.1109/TMM.2019.2894958)
- Jameel, S. et al. 2019. Word embedding as maximum a posteriori estimation. Presented at: AAAI-19: 33rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence Honolulu, HI, USA 27 January - 1 February 2019. , pp.-.
- Jeawak, S. , Jones, C. and Schockaert, S. 2019. Embedding geographic locations for modelling the natural environment using Flickr tags and structured data. Presented at: ECIR 2019: 41st European Conference on Information Retrieval Cologne, Germany 14-18 April 2019. , pp.-.
- Liu, H. et al. 2019. A fuzzy approach to hate speech classification with two stage training for ambiguous instances. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems (10.1109/TCSS.2019.2892037)
- Liu, H. et al. 2019. Fuzzy multi-task learning for hate speech type identification. Presented at: The Web Conference 2019 San Francisco, CA, USA 13-17 May 2019. Proceedings of the 2019 World Wide Web Conference. ACM(10.1145/3308558.3313546)
- Liu, H. , Chen, S. and Cocea, M. 2019. Heuristic target class selection for advancing performance of coverage-based rule learning. Information Sciences 479 , pp.164-179. INS14101. (10.1016/j.ins.2018.12.001)
- Liu, H. , Chen, S. and Cocea, M. 2019. Subclass-based semi-random data partitioning for improving sample representativeness. Information Sciences 478 , pp.208-221. (10.1016/j.ins.2018.11.002)
- Liu, Y. et al., 2019. A new learning approach to malware classification using discriminative feature extraction. IEEE Access , pp.-.
- Ouro, P. et al. 2019. Scalability of an Eulerian-Lagrangian large-eddy simulation solver with hybrid MPI/OpenMP parallelisation. Computers and Fluids 179 , pp.123-136. (10.1016/j.compfluid.2018.10.013)
- Sheil, H. 2019. Discovering user intent In E-commerce clickstreams. PhD Thesis , Cardiff University.
- Tang, K. et al., 2019. Computational design of steady 3D dissection puzzles. Computer Graphics Forum
- Turner, L. et al. 2019. Evidence to support common application switching behaviour on smartphones. Royal Society Open Science
- Williams, L. et al. 2019. Comparing the utility of different classification schemes for emotive language analysis. Journal of Classification , pp.-.
- Yang, S. et al., 2019. Probabilistic projective association and semantic guided relocalization for dense reconstruction. Presented at: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) Montreal, Canada 20-24 May 2019.
- Yaseen, M. U. et al., 2019. Deep learning hyper-parameter optimization for video analytics in clouds. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics: Systems 49 (1), pp.253-264. (10.1109/TSMC.2018.2840341)
- Zhao, H. and Liu, H. 2019. Multiple classifiers fusion and CNN feature extraction for handwritten digits recognition. Granular Computing (10.1007/s41066-019-00158-6)
- Zhou, Y. et al., 2019. No-reference quality assessment for contrast-distorted images based on multifaceted statistical representation of structure. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation 60 , pp.158-169. (10.1016/j.jvcir.2019.02.028)