Tescan MAIA-3 Field Emission Gun Scanning Electron Microscope (FEG-SEM)
High resolution Scanning Electron Microscope with X-EDS, EBSD, SE, BSE and STEM.
- High brightness Schottky emitter source for high resolution/high current/low noise imaging. Accelerating voltage 0.01 – 30 kV.
- Secondary Electron (SE), in-beam SE, low kV backscattered electron (BSE), in-beam BSE and Scanning Transmission EM (STEM) imaging capability.
- Oxford Instruments X max 80NT SDD Energy Dispersive X-ray detector (X-EDS) for elemental and chemical analysis, mapping and line-scans using Aztec software.
- Oxford Instruments Nordlys Electron Backscattered Diffraction (EBSD) for crystallographic phase determination and grain boundary characterisation.
- Variable pressure operation to 500 Pa.
- Peltier cooled sample stage to -50o C.
- In chamber plasma cleaner.