Help to Grow: Management Course
This programme supports senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business’s performance resilience and long-term growth.
Join 3,000 small business leaders in the UK who have registered and are taking part in the Help to Grow: Management course.
Business leaders can take part in this 12-week programme around existing work commitments and access learning through a combination of online and face to face sessions.
The programme is 90% subsidised by UK Government - costing business owners only £750 (less than £65 per week) for the full programme.
At Cardiff Business School, the world's first public value business school, accredited with the Small Business Charter, we are proud to deliver this practical management training programme. The Small Business Charter is an award that recognises the high quality, tailored guidance provided to support small business and their local economy.
Grow Your Own Way
To mark the first year of the Help to Grow: Management course, the Small Business Charter has produced a report, Grow Your Own Way: Stories from a year of the Help to Grow: Management Course.
Read what Help to Grow alumni Beverley Lewis, CEO, Welsh Triathlon Limited, and Chris Reeks, Founder and Director, Fentrade Aluminium, had to say about their time on the programme.
Help to Grow: Management is built around a practical curriculum which features:
- eight facilitated 2-hour online sessions
- four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- one-to-one support from a business mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- peer networking, including peer group calls organised by the Programme Facilitator - the calls will give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership, including:
- strategy and innovation
- winning new markets
- leading for high performance
- building vision and brand
- engaging and inspiring teams
- creating customer value
- digital transformation
- adopting responsible business practices
- financial management
To join the Help to Grow: Management Course, your business must:
- be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- from any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- have been operational for at least one year
- not be a charity
- if your business employees between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to two participants on the course - for more information, please read the FAQs
To join the Help to Grow: Management Course, the applicant must:
- be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director, etc. (please note, only one person per business can attend the programme)
- commit to completing all sessions
Help to Grow: Management is delivered by industry experts at Cardiff University. Join us to learn how to enhance your management and strategic capabilities, develop your value proposition, embed innovation into your business practice, products, and services, improve employee engagement, and importantly understand how to build resilience for future economic shocks through improved market, financial and technological support.
Register your place
The next course will be on Wednesday morning, starting 28 February 2024 (onboarding/induction 28 February).
For more information please register your interest.