The Economics section is the oldest part of the Business School, with a history going back to before 1900.
We are a vibrant research community, exploring a range of economics themes and conducting impactful, socially relevant research.
We currently have over 40 full-time academic staff covering a wide range of fields, including:
- labour economics (including gender and disability)
- regional studies and the Welsh economy
- international development
- game theory and behavioural economics
- econometrics (both theory and applied).
Aligned to the Business School’s ambitions in becoming the world’s first ‘Public Value’ Business School, the economics sections mission is to make a positive impact in the communities of Wales and the world through our research and engagement as well as our learning and teaching activities.