The Economics section is the oldest part of the Business School, with a history going back to before 1900.
We are a vibrant research community, exploring a range of economics themes and conducting impactful, socially relevant research.
We currently have over 40 full-time academic staff covering a wide range of fields, including:
- labour economics (including gender and disability)
- regional studies and the Welsh economy
- international development
- game theory and behavioural economics
- econometrics (both theory and applied).
Aligned to the Business School’s ambitions in becoming the world’s first ‘Public Value’ Business School, the economics sections mission is to make a positive impact in the communities of Wales and the world through our research and engagement as well as our learning and teaching activities.
Our working papers can be found on the EconPapers website.