Browse our publications to find articles, books, reports and papers written by experts in their field.
Many of our researchers make their full text freely available to view and share, supporting research innovation on a global scale.
- Greaves, L. R. and Hardy, C. eds. 2020. Bridging heaven and earth: art and architecture in south Asia 5th-21st century CE (research presented at the twenty-third conference of the European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art, Cardiff 2016). New Delhi: Dev Publications.
- Greaves, L. and Hardy, C. eds. 2020. Religions, society, trade and kingship: archaeology and art in south Asia and along the silk road (research presented at the twenty-third conference of the European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art, Cardiff 2016). New Delhi: Dev Publications.
- Bowie, L. 2020. The streets echoes with chants: The urban experience of post-War West Berlin. City as Place Peter Lang.
- Coma Bassas, E. , Patterson, J. and Jones, P. 2020. A review of the evolution of green residential architecture. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 125 109796. (10.1016/j.rser.2020.109796)
- Davidova, M. 2020. Synergy in the systemic approach to architectural performance: the integral multi- and cross-layered agencies in eco-systemic generative design processes of the post-anthropocene. FORMakademisk 13 (2), pp.1-30. (10.7577/formakademisk.3387)
- Davidova, M. , Sweeting, B. and Sevaldson, B. 2020. Editorial: Relating systems thinking and design (VI): Within social and environmental systems. FORMakademisk 13 (2), pp.1-3. (10.7577/formakademisk.3691)
- Davis, J. 2020. Education and global urbanisation. In: Taylor, H. and Wright, S. eds. Urban Schools: Designing for High Density. London: RIBA Publishing. , pp.11-21.
- Dong, Y. et al., 2020. Review of latent thermal energy storage systems for solar air-conditioning systems. International Journal of Energy Research 44 (2), pp.669-707. (10.1002/er.4960)
- Dunichkin, I. and Bleil De Souza, C. 2020. An integrated solution to urban and sea waste management systems: using Axiomatic Design to discuss urban development risks. Presented at: International Multi-Conference on Industrial Engineering and Modern Technologies («FarEastCon») Vladivostok, Russia 1-4 October 2019.
- Hardy, C. 2020. Vārāṭa temples: the lost tradition in-between. In: Bridging Heaven and Earth: Art and Architecture in South Asia5th-21st century CE (Research Presented at the Twenty-third Conference of the European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art, Cardiff 2016). Vol. 2, New Delhi: Dev Publications
- Huang, J. et al., 2020. Urban Building Energy and Climate (UrBEC) simulation: example application and field evaluation in Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings 207 109580. (10.1016/j.enbuild.2019.109580)
- Jabi, W. and Al-Jokhadar, A. 2020. Spatial reasoning as a syntactic method for programming socio-spatial parametric grammar for vertical residential buildings. Architectural Science Review 63 (2), pp.135-153. (10.1080/00038628.2019.1646631)
- Milfont, T. L. , Poortinga, W. and Sibley, C. G. 2020. Does having children increase environmental concern? Testing parenthood effects with longitudinal data from the New Zealand Attitudes and Values Study. PLoS ONE 15 (3)(10.1371/journal.pone.0230361)
- Ntzani, D. 2020. Troublesome pedagogies: introducing 'otherness' to 1st year design studio. Presented at: TFYD: Initiations: Practices of Teaching 1st Year Design in Architecture Nicosia, Cyprus 23-25 Oct 2019. , pp.-.
- Perisoglou, E. et al. 2020. Building performance digest April 2020. Cardiff University
- Prizeman, O. et al. 2020. Networking historic environmental standards to address modern challenges for sustainable conservation in HBIM. Applied Sciences 10 (4) 1283. (10.3390/app10041283)
- Schweiker, M. et al., 2020. Review of multi‐domain approaches to indoor environmental perception and behaviour. Building and Environment , pp.-.
- Schweiker, M. et al., 2020. Evaluating assumptions of scales for subjective assessment of thermal environments – do laypersons perceive them the way, we researchers believe?. Energy and Buildings 211 109761. (10.1016/j.enbuild.2020.109761)
- Sharmin, T. and Steemers, K. 2020. Effects of microclimatic and human parameters on outdoor thermal sensation in the high-density tropical context of Dhaka. International Journal of Biometeorology 64 (2), pp.187-203. (10.1007/s00484-018-1607-2)
- Tweed, C. , Patel, H. and Abbott, J. 2020. Building Performance Digest. Cardiff: Cardiff University
- Wang, D. et al., 2020. Classification, experimental assessment, modeling methods and evaluation metrics of Trombe walls. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 124 , pp.-. 109772. (10.1016/j.rser.2020.109772)
- Whitman, C. et al. 2020. Heritage retrofit and cultural empathy; a discussion of challenges regarding the energy performance of historic UK timber-framed dwellings. International Journal of Building Pathology and Adaptation 28 (2), pp.286-404. (10.1108/IJBPA-02-2019-0023)
- Whitman, C. J. et al. 2020. Energy retrofit infill panels for historic timber-framed buildings in the UK: Physical test panel monitoring versus hygrothermal simulation.. Architectural Science Review (10.1080/00038628.2020.1719820)
- Wulff, F. 2020. The restoration of the Oratory of the Partal Palace and the House of Astasio de Bracamonte in the Alhambra of Granada, Spain. Project Report.Cardiff University
- Wulff, F. and Brito, O. 2020. Intercultural spatial practices as an opportunity for the alternative reactivation of historic urban landscapes. The case of Palermo. Urban Design International