Careers advice and support
The University will continue to support you after graduation. The following services are available to you:
Our Careers and Employability team is located at 51a Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT) and is open from 9:00-16:30. For the latest careers news and events check their Facebook page and follow @CardiffCareers on Twitter.
Alumni can access advice on career planning, applying for jobs and developing the skills that employers want on the career advice web pages.
Cardiff alumni can also receive personalised careers advice for up to two years after graduation including:
- online employability information and support via Your Career Journey. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login access
- drop-in appointments- available in person at the Student Support Centre, over the phone or via Skype
- one 30-minute 1:1 careers appointment or mock interview. In order to access this appointment you will need to complete the Personality Indicator and Opportunity Indicator exercises on Your Career Journey. For access to a mock interview you will need to complete the Interview exercise
- Online CV and application advice via the CV and Application Form Management tool located under the 'Profile' menu on your Careers Account
Please note, during periods of high student demand, particularly October and November, careers advice to alumni may not be available.
To see a careers adviser:
- register as a graduate via Careers Account - you will need to include your student number (without the 'C') and current contact details
- check current drop-in schedules on the Careers and Employability Facebook or Twitter feeds
- if you are unable to attend in person and want to talk to a careers adviser over the phone or on Skype then please call Careers and Employability on +44 (0)29 2087 4844 in the morning to arrange a time to call.
Careers fairs, workshops and events
Cardiff University alumni can attend a variety of bespoke fairs, skills workshops, employer presentations and employability boot camps that run throughout the year. View the events calendar and make bookings via Careers Account.
Careers and vacancy information
Resources available include:
- careers information at 51a Park Place - takeaway careers booklets, employer directories and access to a small library
- Jobs Board - opportunities posted by employers targeting Cardiff students and alumni. To view vacancies and set up job searches/alerts, please register as a graduate via Careers Account
- the Careers and Employability YouTube channel
- the Careers and Employability blog.
The Santander Internships Scheme offers employer-led internships, available for up to three years after graduation. These paid internships are available in SME’s generally within Cardiff and the surrounding area. They range between one and ten weeks in duration and can be undertaken either full or part-time.
Register with the Work Experience Team to recieve regular updates regarding live opportunities.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
A KTP is one of the UK’s largest graduate recruitment programmes which provides over 300 graduate job opportunities each year. By joining you will be able to manage and deliver challenging strategic projects for a business, while being supported by the University. You will be based at the company on a full-time basis but jointly supervised by an academic member of staff for the duration of the project.
By working on a KTP programme, Cardiff University alumni can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Fast track career development opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Employment within chosen academic discipline
- Working both with academia and industry
- Training and development opportunities
- Register for a higher degree during the project
- Access to a wide range of our facilities including laboratories and library services.
Careers and Employability (Cathays)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4844