Careers advice and support
The university will continue to support you after graduation. The following services are available to you for up to three years after graduation:
For the latest careers news and events follow us on LinkedIn.
Cardiff alumni can also get personal careers advice for up to three years from your course end date, including:
- access to graduate resources and support
- ask an adviser in-person appointments (Monday - Friday)
- up to four careers appointments
- Get instant feedback with our CV and cover letter checker tool
Please note, during periods of high student demand, particularly October and November, careers advice to alumni may not be available.
To see a careers adviser:
- register as a graduate via Student Futures account - you will need to include your student number (without the 'C') and current contact details.
- upon booking you will be asked to express your appointment preference – in-person, telephone or Microsoft Teams.
Careers fairs, workshops and events
Cardiff University alumni can attend a variety of bespoke fairs, skills workshops and employer presentations that run throughout the year. View the events calendar and make bookings via your Student Futures account.
Careers and vacancy information
Resources available include:
- Jobs Board - opportunities posted by employers targeting Cardiff students and alumni. To view vacancies and set up job searches/alerts, please register as a graduate via Student Futures account
- the Student Futures YouTube channel
Work experience support after graduation
The Work Experience team offer a wide range of opportunities which are available for up to three years after graduation. These range from short unpaid insights of up to two weeks, to longer term paid internships.
Remote and home-working opportunities are currently being offered where available within a range of organisations and industries. A number of our internships are supported by Santander Universities.
Undertaking a work experience opportunity after graduation will allow you to gain vital skills to add to your CV, explore your career options and build your network.
All work experience opportunities are advertised on the university's Jobs Board.
The Venture Wales scheme is a graduate programme that has been designed to link talented graduates with a wide range of businesses across Cardiff and South East Wales. The scheme offers:
- paid graduate-level employment
- a fully funded professional qualification
- networking opportunities with fellow graduates
- on-hand support during the internship
- access to free networking events.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) is one of the UK’s largest graduate recruitment programmes, which provides over 300 graduate job opportunities each year. By joining you will be able to manage and deliver challenging strategic projects for a business, while being supported by the university. You will be based at the company on a full-time basis but jointly supervised by an academic member of staff for the duration of the project.
By working on a KTP programme, Cardiff University alumni can take advantage of the following benefits:
- fast track career development opportunities
- a competitive salary
- employment within chosen academic discipline
- working both with academia and industry
- training and development opportunities
- register for a higher degree during the project
- access to a wide range of our facilities including laboratories and library services.
Connect, grow your professional network, and support students and fellow alumni. Cardiff Connected is the place to find new opportunities and tap into Cardiff's global alumni community.