Skip to main content

Requests for transcripts and references

You can request verification of your study and replacement certificates or transcripts.

If you graduated since July 2017 with either a postgraduates or undergraduate degree, please visit our Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) page. The HEAR replaces the physical transcript for undergraduate and postgraduate taught graduates from July 2017 onwards and can be shared with third parties such as employers online via your Cardiff University Verify account.

If you graduated before July 2017 please follow the details below.

TypeDetailsWho to contact
Replacement certificatesFor degrees/awards gained before 30 September 2005The University of Wales
Replacement certificatesFor degrees/awards gained on or after 1 October 2005Cardiff University, Registry
TranscriptsAvailable for modular postgraduate programmes from 1 October 2005 onwards and for undergraduate programmes from 1 October 1998

Cardiff University, Registry

Confirmation of studyEvidence that you have studied here or verification of your degree classificationCardiff University, Registry

Please note there may be a charge for these services.

Contact us

To request documents please contact:


When you contact us please indicate what documents you require and provide the following information:

  • full name (during your time at Cardiff)
  • date of birth
  • programme studied
  • year the programme was completed
  • student number (if known)

Reference requests

Employers and recruitment agencies

Reference requests for graduates and students of Cardiff University are verified through the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (Hedd). Hedd is an official service for employers and recruitment agencies (as well as notaries, embassies and councils) to verify a person’s UK degree qualification.

Third party enquirers such as employers, agencies and embassies must verify attendance and awards from our university with Prospects Hedd. A Hedd verification confirms the candidate’s name, qualification type, course name, year of award, classification obtained and dates of attendance.

Please visit the Hedd website to register. There is a of charge £14 for each enquiry and you must provide the written consent of the individual. To prevent delays, please enter the candidate’s details as they appear on their degree certificate.

Registry will not be able to process the request if contacted directly and will refer your request back to you for submission to Hedd.

If you have any problems or queries with submitting your request, please email

Students and graduates

If you are a student or graduate of Cardiff University, you can confirm your degree by contacting the Registry at Cardiff University. Hedd is only available to third parties.

Academic reference requests

To locate an academic reference or old syllabus, please contact your School directly.