Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research, Innovation and Enterprise
Professor Kim Graham is Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise.
In this role, Professor Graham is responsible for delivering The Way Forward 2018-2023 research and innovation sub-strategies. She is also responsible for the University’s international research agenda, including delivery of international postgraduate schemes and global challenges research collaborations.
As Pro Vice-Chancellor, Professor Graham is a member of the University Executive Board, as well as the Cardiff University Council.
Professor Graham’s responsibilities include:
- growing the strength and diversity of Cardiff University’s research and innovation activities;
- ensuring a global outlook for our research, via positive engagement in international research funding and networks;
- building effective relationships with national (UKRI) and international funders, as well as business, government and other University partners;
- leading preparations for the Research Excellence Framework 2021;
- increasing the translation, commercialisation and broader economic impact of Cardiff’s research;
- developing a positive research and innovation culture benefiting all members of our diverse research community, at all stages of their academic career
Professor Graham started her research career at the University of Cambridge, where she was a Programme Leader at the MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit. Her research focused on understanding the earliest changes in memory associated with dementia.
She moved to Cardiff University in 2007, taking up a Professorship in Cognitive Neuroscience. In 2015, she was appointed Dean of Research in the College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, subsequently taking up the role of Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise in 2018.
Her research group uses advanced brain imaging to ask how variations in brain structure and function relate to differences in individual memory abilities, as well as risk and resilience to poorer memory in later life. She is co-author of an award winning academic book, The Evolution of Memory Systems.
Professor Graham is the current Chair of the GW4 Board and a member of the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship Core Panel. She is also a member of the Wales Science and Innovation Advisory Council, the HEFCW Research Wales Committee and the MRC Council.
- Email: PVC-Research@cardiff.ac.uk