Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research, Innovation and Enterprise
Professor Kim Graham is Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise.
In this role, Professor Graham is responsible for delivering The Way Forward 2018-2023 research sub-strategy, working in collaboration with professional and academic colleagues across the University.
As Pro Vice-Chancellor, Professor Graham is also a member of the University Executive Board.
Professor Graham’s responsibilities include:
- growing the diversity of our research activities and research community
- building effective relationships with UK Research and Innovation and other funders
- leading preparations for the Research Excellence Framework 2021
- increasing the wider reach, commercialisation and broader economic impact of our research.
Professor Graham started her research career at the University of Cambridge, where she was a Programme Leader at the MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit. Her research focused on understanding the earliest memory changes associated with dementia.
She moved to Cardiff University in 2007, taking up a Professorship in Cognitive Neuroscience. In 2015, she was appointed Dean of Research in the College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, subsequently taking up the role of Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research, Innovation and Enterprise in 2018.
Her research group uses advanced brain imaging to ask how variations in our brain structure influences our memory abilities, and how damage to different brain networks is linked to risk and resilience of dementia across the lifespan. She is co-author of an award winning book The Evolution of Memory Systems.
- Society for Neuroscience
- Memory Disorders Research Society.
Professor Graham is also the current Chair of the GW4 Board, Deputy Chair for the MRC Non-clinical Training and Career Development Panel, and a member of the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship Panel.
PA: Rebecca Arrowsmith
- Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 0652
- Email: PVC-Research@cardiff.ac.uk