Help ensure the graduates we produce meet industry needs.
We are seeking industrial partners to help us shape the future of the Software Academy.
From technology start-ups to sports organisations, public, private and third sector, we are looking for potential partners across a range of fields to excite, inspire and challenge our next generation of Software Engineers.
During our first year we successfully partnered with companies across the UK to provide students with the opportunity to work on client-based projects. Our students tested iBeacon technology for solar tech manufacturer GCell, prototyped a visitor experience app for Newport Council, and helped to develop a web application for SmileNotes.
Over the summer, GCell, insurance company Admiral and software company Living Data @ McLays hosted a number of students on placement, putting into practice the skills they had acquired in their first year, and developing their confidence in delivering solutions to software problems in the real world.
This year, students are working alongside the Welsh Rugby Union, medical technology company Medivation, and the Newport Business Improvement District.
There are a range of opportunities for industrial partners, including:
- provision of projects for students to develop and acquire skills
- mentoring of students both face to face and at a distance
- presenting guest seminars or skill sessions
- provision of summer placements for students
- sponsorship and bursary opportunities for students
- sponsor a prize/incentive for students
- assisting with marketing and publicity.
We work with a variety of companies including:
To find out more about how to get involved in this exciting opportunity please contact: