Mr Christopher Pac-Soo
Telephone:+ 44 (0)29 208 79326
Address:Room M/1.28 Senghennydd Road
- BA Hons Criminology - University of Wales, Bangor
- MA Criminology - University of Essex
- MSc Social Science Research Methods - Cardiff University
Before starting my PhD full-time I spent a year as a part-time Associate Tutor within the department teaching on many of the undergraduate modules and acting as dissertation supervisor for final year students. I am currently involved in teaching on the new first year module "The Criminological Imagination", the third year "Crime, Control, Regulation and Policing" module and co-convene the "Introduction to Criminology" module at Cardiff's Lifelong Learning Centre.
- Race, ethnicity, crime and policing.
- Subcultures; I researched graffiti writers operating on London’s public transport for my MA. I also focused on British Transport Police’s strategies for controlling graffiti and vandalism.
- Interest in ‘Criminology of War’.
PhD Topic/ Area
I am researching London’s Chinese community's experiences of crime and policing. This research seeks to contribute to current Criminological research trends into race, ethnicity and crime by expanding the focus beyond the customary black and white perspective. My PhD aims to reveal the experiences and perspectives of one of Britain’s most hidden and hard-to-reach minority ethnic communities.