Ms Aimee Grant
- 2003-2006: BSc (Econ), First Class: Criminology and Social Policy, Cardiff University.
- 2006-2007: MSc, Social Science Research Methods, Cardiff University.
- 2007-Present:I am currently undertaking a PhD in Social Policy at Cardiff University.
- Income Maintenance Policies
- Welfare to work initiatives
- Criminal Justice
- Political elites
- Qualitative methodologies
PhD Topic/ Area
The research examines welfare to work programmes for Incapacity Benefit claimants within two of the six Pathways to Work areas in Wales. More specifically, Incapacity Benefit claimants have participated in interviews regarding their attendance at compulsory Work Focused Interviews at the Jobcentre Plus offices and their voluntary participation in a back to work programme delivered by the National Health Service, the Condition Management Programme. In addition to this, the staff of both Jobcentre Plus and the Condition Management Programme participated in interviews. Finally Work Focused Interviews were observed and Condition Management Programme case files were analysed.
It is expected that the PhD will be complete at the end of December 2010.