Coalfields Research Programme
The papers listed below arise from "The Coalfields Research Programme" funded by the ESRC and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
This project examines changing patterns of local dynamics, indicating dramatic ways in which traditional patterns of community relations have altered and continue to change.
Links are to "PDF" files.
- The Decline of King Coal [260.1 Kb]
The Decline of King Coal (file size 261k) by Huw Beynon, Andrew Cox and Ray Hudson.
- Different Places: Representations [508.4 Kb]
Different Places: Representations (file size 509k) by Katy Bennett, Huw Beynon and Ray Hudson
- Facilitating Regeneration [229.7 Kb]
Facilitating Regeneration (file size 230k) by Huw Beynon, Emma Hollywood and Ray Hudson
- Rebuilding the Coalfields [246.2 Kb]
Rebuilding the Coalfields (file size 247k) by Huw Beynon, Ray Hudson and Tim Strangleman.
- Retraining the workforce [221.5 Kb]
Retraining the workforce (file size 222k) by Huw Beynon, Ray Hudson and Tim Strangleman
- Regenerating Housing [216.2 Kb]
Regenerating Housing (file size 217k) by Huw Beynon, Emma Hollywood and Ray Hudson
- Health Issues in the coal districts [237.6 Kb]
Health Issues in the coal districts (file size 238k) by Huw Beynon, Emma Hollywood and Ray Hudson