Dr Luke Sloan
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 70262
Address:0.56 Glamorgan Building
- PhD Politics (Elections Centre, University of Plymouth)
- MSc Social Research (University of Plymouth)
- BSc Politics Hons (University of Plymouth)
- Market Research Society Level 5 Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practice
- Social media for Social Science
- Augmenting curated data with social media
Luke works across the Social Sciences as an expert in quantitative methods advising on data collection, analysis and visualisation. He is part of the Cardiff Online Social Media Observatory (COSMOS) and is the data integration lead involving linking official data produced by the Office for National Statistics with social media data produced on Twitter.
In addition to this, Luke has an interest in the pedagogy of quantitative methods and has run training courses for both academics and professionals in survey methodology and data analysis. Most recently he ran a course for curriculum developers at the International Baccalaureate Organisation in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Follow Luke on Twitter @drlukesloan