Dr Eva Pocher
Telephone:+44 (0)29 208 70327
Address:Room 2.06, 59 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT
2011: PhD (University of Aberdeen, UK)
2007: MSc in International Economics (University of Glasgow, UK)
2006: Diploma in International Economics (Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Germany)
- International Immigration
- Labour Market Analysis
- Gender and Employment
- Comparative Research
- Quantitative Research Methodologies
- Skill Complementarity
- Welfare systems
- International Trade (especially tariffs)
- Raw material price shocks
- “Does immigration lead to a reduction of wages and employment of British natives? A review of the regional labour market outcomes of migration in the UK”, PhD research.
- “The German labour market from 1984 -2009: effects of international labour migration on native employment and wages”, PhD research.
- “Strengthening the contribution of non-executive members to Scottish boards in the private, third and public sectors”, Employment Research Institute (ERI), Edinburgh Napier University, April-July 2012.
- “Scottish Female Graduates in Science and Engineering: their employment experiences in comparison to their counterparts in the United Kingdom“, ERI, August 2012.
- “The Position of Migrants in the UK Labour Market and its Relation to Well Being“, ERI, 2012
- “The employability of disadvantaged young people in Scotland”, ERI, in progress.
- “Youth unemployment: A European comparison between youth unemployment rate and ratio, ERI, 2012.
- “Local worlds in Social Cohesion (LOCALISE)”, EU 7th framework project, ERI. 2012.
- Women Adding Value to the Economy (WAVE).
- Analysis of the German and British labour markets before and after the EU East Enlargement: effects of labour immigration on native employment and wages
- Gender Pay Gaps in Wales – Employer Case Studies
- Occupational Mapping of Wales
- The impact of Occupational Segregation on Gender Pay Inequalities
For more information on WAVE visit www.wavewales.co.uk.