Cancer and genetics
To drive research for the benefit of patients affected by cancer and by inherited disease in Wales and beyond.
Our translational research focuses on the genetic and molecular basis of human disease with a particular interest in cancer.
Our aims are to:
- understand the genetic basis of disease with a focus on cancer
- understand the mechanisms of tumour initiation and progression
- understand the genetic basis for inter-individual variations in therapeutic response
- employ information from basic and clinical studies to develop new diagnostics and therapeutic approaches.
- Haematological malignancy
- Genetic and genomic medicine
- Solid cancers