Professor Elizabeth Treasure is Deputy Vice-Chancellor, as well as an active researcher, teacher and clinician.
She works closely with the Vice-Chancellor and Pro Vice-Chancellors to provide leadership to the University and deliver the goals of our strategy. Professor Treasure deputises for the Vice-Chancellor in his absence.
Professor Treasure was Dean and Head of the School of Dentistry between 2006 and 2010, providing leadership in dental teaching, research and patient care. She was also Divisional Director of the Dental Division of Cardiff & Vale University Health Board.
Professor Treasure is an Independent Member (University) for Cardiff and Vale University Health Board where she chairs the Quality, Safety and Patient Experience Committee. She is a member of the Finance Committee of UCAS, UCEA Health and Safety Committee, President of The British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (2014-15) and a Council Member of the Cathedral School, Llandaff.
Professor Treasure's specific responsibilities include;
- strategic oversight of resource allocation and budgeting
- strategic planning processes and policies
- University estate and staff strategies
- oversight of the dignity, diversity and staffing strategies and policies
- the sustainable development of the University in its widest sense
- leadership of projects of strategic importance across the breadth of our activities.
Committees and groups
Professor Treasure chairs the following committees and groups:
- Equality and Diversity Committee
- Intake Management Group
- EU Structural Funds Panel
- Business Change Oversight Group
- Health, Safety and Environment Committee
- Environmental Management Systems Steering Group.
Professor Treasure's research interests centre on clinical effectiveness, epidemiology and clinical trials. She has been a principal investigator in the last two Adult Dental Health Surveys, has chaired a review of the dental workforce in Wales and acted as scientific advisor to the Department of Health's dental division.
In 2006, she was awarded the British Dental Association's John Tomes Medal for scientific eminence and outstanding service to the profession. The award recognised her use of science to influence some of the most important oral health issues in Britain. She was awarded a FDSRCPS (special) in 2011.
Personal Assistant: Narelle Smith
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 4607