Medieval Europe Research Group
Our Medieval Europe Research Group enables our archaeologists to use the latest technologies in research both at home and across Europe, including sites key to telling the story of the Crusades.
Investigation range from Anglo-Saxon chronologies and cemeteries, to Welsh crannogs, Viking settlements and pilgrimages to the Holy Land.
- Early Anglo-Saxon chronology: high-precision radiocarbon dating and Bayesian modelling.
- Eriswell, post-excavation analysis of the Anglo-Saxon cemeteries
- Excavations at Cosmeston, a medieval manor and early modern farmstead
- Excavations at Llangorse, a Welsh crannog
- Pilgrimage to Jerusalem and the Holy Land 1187–1291
- Viking and Medieval Settlement in the Western Isles
Professor of Archaeology
- +44 (0)29 2087 4736
CAER Heritage Project Co-director
- +44 (0)29 2251 0215
Senior Lecturer in Archaeology
- +44 (0)29 2087 5627