Feminist Media Studies Research Group
The group collaboratively supports, promotes and fosters research, scholarship, teaching and learning in the field of intersectional feminist media studies.
The Feminist Media Studies Research Group is part of the Media, Culture and Creativity cluster and it provides a collaborative, outward looking space to support, promote and foster research, scholarship, teaching and learning in the field of intersectional feminist media studies.
The group brings together members whose research interests and practices converge around intersectional feminist subject matter, the employment of feminist research methodologies and/or the practice of intersectional feminist research-related and research-informed pedagogical practice in teaching, learning and scholarship.
We aim to provide a peer support community with a remit to share good practice in feminist media research, to exchange ideas and to keep pace with the most up-to-the-minute ideas and developments in the field of intersectional feminist media studies. This encompasses closely cognate fields such as feminist journalism studies, gender studies, queer studies, and critical race studies.
- To support, promote and foster research, scholarship, teaching and learning in the field of intersectional feminist media studies
- To provide and operate a peer support community for those engaged in all forms of research concerned with feminist subject matter, employing feminist methodologies, and/or informed by feminist theories and debates.
- To exchange ideas, share good practice, plan and organise events and activities, propose initiatives, present works-in-progress, and create collaborations.
- To run an ongoing Feminist Media Studies strand in the JOMEC Research Seminar series
- To provide opportunities for mentorship, particularly for ECRs, PGRs, precariously employed colleagues and feminist researchers and scholars who may be without institutional affiliation.
Dr Lucy Bennett
Lecturer in Media Audiences (Teaching and Research)
- +44 (0)29 2251 0789
Dr Cynthia Carter
- +44 (0)29 2087 6172
Dr Ross Garner
- +44 (0)29 2087 5475
Dr Hannah Hamad
Senior Lecturer Media and Communication
Dr Galina Miazhevich
- +44 (0)29 2087 0644
Dr Caitriona Noonan
- +44 (0)29 20874187
Dr Alida Payson
Lecturer (Teaching and Research)
Dr Francesca Sobande
Senior Lecturer in Digital Media Studies