Education Research Group
The group covers a wide range of research interests and disciplinary areas that address the needs of and demands on education in contemporary societies around the world.
The Education Research Group (ERG) covers a wide range of research interests and disciplinary areas that address the needs of and demands on education in contemporary societies around the world.
The aim of the ERG is to facilitate debate and discussion on different aspects of education and promote research collaboration.
Principal areas of interest include the development of education and skills policy and policy outcomes, situated learning (from the nursery and classroom, through to college, university and the workplace), the structures and organisation of and participation in education and training, and the multi-faceted relationships between education, children, adults, families, communities, work and government and non-government institutions.
The Education Research Group meets regularly throughout the academic year with the aim of:
- Establishing an agenda for developing a coherent research strategy and set of research objectives organised around the interests mentioned above.
- Bringing researchers together, from across SOCSI, who share an interest in education research.
Education staff research interests include:
- Technology enhanced learning;
- Faith-based education;
- Children and young people;
- Early years education;
- Gender and sexuality;
- Power and identity;
- Education and social inequalities;
- Education policy, school choice and diversity;
- The political economy of skill and skills policy;
- 'Green' skills;
- Higher education policy and participation;
- Professionalism, learning cultures and policy in further education;
- Curriculum innovation and creative teaching;
- Training policies and practices;
- Work-related learning;
- The construction of knowledge and processes of learning;
- The global context of education;
- Theories of education and the moral and political imperatives of education;
- The geography of education;
- Education and neighbourhoods;
WISERD Director, Director of WISERD Education
- +44(0) 29 2087 4738
- Welsh speaking
- +44(0) 29 2087 9050