Skip to main content

Requests for personal information

Requests from the individual

If you want to access your own personal data, or you have authority to act on behalf of an individual, you can submit a Subject Access Request.

Requests from the Police or other law enforcement officials

Under the Data Protection Act 2018 the University may share personal data with the Police or other competent authorities in certain circumstances, including for the prevention or detection of crime, the apprehension or prosecution of offenders or the assessment or collection of a tax or duty.

Authorities wishing to make a request under Section 29(3) DPA 2018 should email providing either:

  1. the Request to external organisations for the disclosure of personal data to the Police form


  2. the following relevant details:
  • the name/identifying information of the individual(s);
  • details on the information required;
  • the purpose for which the information requested is needed.

The request will be reviewed, and information provided where it is considered necessary and proportionate to the purpose for which it is requested, in accordance with the University’s responsibilities under UK GDPR.