Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt is a very practical training programme (5 days in total) that will enable attendees to immediately start applying tools and techniques to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of business processes, no matter the size or type of industry.
During the ongoing pandemic, this course will be delivered online, via zoom. If the situation changes later in the year, we may be able to revert to face to face teaching.
The training content explores the latest research in Operational Excellence and will share how these principles and techniques are applied within manufacturing, private and public service and third sector organisations. Delegates will also have an opportunity to learn how Industry 4.0 technologies blend well with a Lean Six Sigma approach. In addition, we will share examples of how lean six sigma principles and techniques to create process and product innovations to help proactive organisations adapt to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The first 2 days of ‘live online’ training, subject to passing an online exam at the end of day 2, will enable you to receive Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification from Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. The second block comprises another three days of ‘live online’ Green Belt training using Minitab software (we will provide you with a 30-day free trial version of this software).
Please note the December Yellow Belt course is not available as part of the Yellow/Green Belt combined programme.
If you only wish to study up to Yellow Belt, you can register for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt programme.
If you have a yellow belt already (either with Cardiff Business School or from another provider) you will gain great advantage from deepening your knowledge by completing the 3-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt programme, which you can study separately.
Your trainer will be Maneesh Kumar.
Enrol on this course
|Start date||Days and times|
|7 February 2022||7-8 February and 9-11 March 2022 (09:30 - 16:30)|
|£2500 (5 days Green Belt training including Yellow Belt training)|
Who it’s for
Yellow Belts are people at the grass root level in the organisation, i.e. shop-floor employees or supervisors, those that play a vital role in bringing cultural change in an organisation and sustaining it on a long-term basis. A Yellow Belt typically has a basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma but will not lead projects on their own. The Yellow Belt collects data, participates in problem solving exercises and adds their personal experiences in resolving the complex problems in organizations.
A Green Belt is someone who can lead improvement projects and can work independently to problem solve and improve. Often, they will work as part of a wider team under the supervision of a Black Belt who is responsible for the strategic implementation of major improvement. Most managers in mature Lean Six Sigma organisations are Green Belts so that they can incorporate improvement activity into the management of their work.
What you’ll learn
- How Lean and Six Sigma aligns with the principles of Systems Thinking & Industry 4.0
- How to apply the basic principles of Lean and Six Sigma and its key metrics
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement methodology for problem solving
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma organizational infrastructure and its roles and responsibilities
- How to apply the Lean / Six Sigma tools and techniques for problem solving
- Learn how to select a project using an objective project selection methodology for Lean / Six Sigma programme.
- Appreciation of how Lean Six Sigma complements and works with Systems Thinking
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can boost efficiency and effectiveness
- Appreciation of how Lean Six Sigma works within Industry 4.0
- An understanding of the key metrics of Lean & Six Sigma to measure project success
- Ability to use Minitab software for Lean Six Sigma projects
- Ability to apply the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology in problem solving scenarios
- Application of basic and advanced statistical concepts (such as regression analysis, hypothesis testing, Statistical Process Control Charts) to conduct process improvement
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of Green Belt practitioners
- Pass a multiple choice, open book exam at the end of day two
- One resit is allowed during the event.
- Successful completion of a green belt level improvement project including the submission of a project report and delivery of a summary presentation.
The Yellow Belt and Green Belt training is accredited by the Lean Competency System (LCS) at Level 1a and Level 1c respectively. There is an online test through the LCS Assessment Centre for both Yellow Belt and Green Belt courses and an implementation project is required as part of the Green Belt assessment.
The LCS is the leading workplace based continuous improvement qualification and is used by organisations and practitioners across the world. Becoming LCS certified enables you to become an LCS Practitioner Member which enables you to access resources to help you practice and teach, set up a digital credential profile and use the LCS's unique Continuing Professional Development platform.
Online via Zoom