Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt
This immersive 5-day programme combines the waste reduction power of data driven Lean Six Sigma with Industry 4.0 technologies.
It will equip you with the tools and techniques for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and unlock transformative improvements within your organization and its supply chain. It has the potential to deliver a bottom-line impact of over £30k within 3-4 months of Green Belt project.
- Unlock breakthroughs
- Ignite innovation
- Turbocharge performance
If you only wish to study up to Yellow Belt, you can register for the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt programme.
If you have a Yellow Belt already (either with Cardiff Business School or from another provider) you will gain great advantage from deepening your knowledge by completing the 3-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt programme, which you can study separately.
Your trainer will be Maneesh Kumar.
Enrol on this course
|Days and times
|1 May 2024
|1-2 May and 19-21 June 2024 (09:30 - 16:30)
|£2500 (5 days Green Belt training including Yellow Belt training)
Who it’s for
- Line Supervisors, Middle Managers, and Senior Managers from core functions
- Senior or Middle Management from HR, Finance, and IT
- Customer Service & Quality team
- Account Manager managing key customers/agents
- Member of after sales and service team
- Any other team members that are responsible for key processes or functions.
Lean Six Sigma foundations
- Lean & Six Sigma: Dive deep into the principles and tools of both Lean and Six Sigma to understand how they work in tandem to eliminate non-value-added activities, minimize waste, and streamline processes
- Statistical mastery for improved outcomes: Master essential statistical tools and techniques to analyse process performance, identify root causes of problems, and implement data-driven solutions with confidence
- Industry 4.0: Discover how data driven Industry 4.0 technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and IoT can supercharge your Lean Six Sigma initiatives, fostering real-time optimization and unlocking disruptive innovation.
What you’ll learn
Block One is two days of Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (YB) training. It is designed to allow you to apply the learning immediately, enabling you to decide when to use Lean or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques for conducting process improvement. This can lead to Cardiff University's Lean Six Sigma 4.0 Yellow Belt certification after passing a multiple choice exam at the end of Block 1.
After a gap of 4-6 weeks you have the option of continuing with a second block. The gap provides time for you to apply learning from block one and find a process improvement project on which to base the next stage.
Block Two consists of three days of Green Belt (GB) training. Learning is customised for each participant by focusing on a real-world project aligned to your organisations needs and priorities. It can culminate in the award of Cardiff University's Lean Six Sigma 4.0 Green Belt certification after completing a Green Belt project.
Yellow Belt and Green Belt training is accredited by the Lean Competency System (LCS) at Level 1a and Level 1c respectively.
The LCS is the leading workplace based continuous improvement qualification and is used by organisations and practitioners across the world. Becoming LCS certified enables you to become an LCS Practitioner Member which enables you to access resources to help you practice and teach, set up a digital credential profile and use the LCS's unique Continuing Professional Development platform.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma relevance in a post-COVID world
- Integrate Lean Six Sigma with Industry 4.0 technologies
- Integrate Systems Thinking for sustainable benefits from Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Apply the key metrics of Lean & Six Sigma
- Use Minitab software for Lean Six Sigma projects (Block 2 only)
- Apply Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology in problem solving scenarios
- Apply basic and advanced statistical concepts (such as regression analysis, hypothesis testing, Attribute Agreement Analysis, Statistical Process Control Charts) for process improvement
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Green Belts
- Execute projects and write up the report
- Align Lean & Six Sigma with the principles of Systems Thinking & Industry 4.0
- Select a project using an objective project selection methodology for Lean / Six Sigma programme.
Achievement of learning outcomes will be tested through a multiple choice exam at the end of Block 1 and completion of a Green Belt project (within 6 months of completion of Block 2).
Invest in your future, embrace continuous improvement
Join us on this transformative journey and harness the combined power of Lean Six Sigma and Industry 4.0 to unleash sustainable performance breakthroughs within your organization. Contact us today to discuss how this customized training can empower your team and propel your business forward.
- Tailored to your needs: We customize the training content and project focus to address your specific organizational challenges and improvement goals
- Blended learning approach: The learning experience is enhanced with pre-reading materials, in-person classroom sessions, interactive workshops, and ongoing project support
- No prior knowledge required: This program is designed for executives with no prior Lean Six Sigma experience, equipping you with the essential knowledge and skills for immediate impact
- Practical: Focus on tools and techniques that can be applied immediately
- Post-training support: Our expert trainer remains available to guide and support you throughout your GB project journey, maximizing your success and ensuring sustainable results
- Facilitated by a Cardiff Business School academic with significant cross sector experience and worldwide insight.