Lean Six Sigma Green Belt - online course
The 3-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a very practical training programme that will enable attendees to immediately start applying tools and techniques to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of business processes, no matter the size or type of industry.
During the ongoing pandemic, this course will be delivered online, via zoom. If the situation changes later in the year, we may be able to revert to face to face teaching.
The training content explores the latest research in Operational Excellence and will share how these principles and techniques are applied within manufacturing, private and public service and third sector organisations. Delegates will also have an opportunity to learn how Industry 4.0 technologies blend well with a Lean Six Sigma approach. In addition, we will share examples of how lean six sigma principles and techniques to create process and product innovations to help proactive organisations adapt to the COVID 19 pandemic.
If you have a yellow belt already (either with Cardiff Business School or from another provider) you will gain great advantage from deepening your knowledge by completing the 3-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt programme. If you are new to Lean Six Sigma, then you can register for the entire 5-day programme where you will progress from yellow belt to green.
Your trainer will be Maneesh Kumar.
Enrol on this course
|Start date||Days and times|
|16 June 2021||16 - 18 June 2021 (09:30 - 16:30)|
Who it’s for
A Green Belt is someone who can lead improvement projects and can work independently to problem solve and improve. Often, they will work as part of a wider team under the supervision of a Black Belt who is responsible for the strategic implementation of major improvement. Most managers in mature Lean Six Sigma organisations are Green Belts so that they can incorporate improvement activity into the management of their work.
What you’ll learn
- Appreciation of how Lean Six Sigma complements and works with Systems Thinking
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can boost efficiency and effectiveness
- Appreciation of how Lean Six Sigma works within Industry 4.0
- An understanding of the key metrics of Lean & Six Sigma to measure project success
- Ability to use Minitab software for Lean Six Sigma projects
- Ability to apply the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology in problem solving scenarios
- Application of basic and advanced statistical concepts (such as regression analysis, hypothesis testing, Statistical Process Control Charts) to conduct process improvement
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of Green Belt practitioners.
Successful completion of a green belt level improvement project including the submission of a project report and delivery of a summary presentation.
Online via Zoom.