Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt - online course
In a 2-day intensive ‘live online’ programme, you’ll be able to achieve this Cardiff Business School Yellow Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
During the ongoing pandemic, this course will be delivered online, via zoom. If the situation changes later in the year, we may be able to revert to face to face teaching.
The course has been designed in a way to let you immediately start applying what you’ve learned to your organisation. The programme will teach you how to blend and adapt your approach to your particular context, successfully. In addition, the course will also briefly discuss how Lean Six Sigma is complementary to Industry 4.0 technology, helping delegates to maximise improvement within an organisation and its supply chain.
Your trainer will be Maneesh Kumar.
Enrol on this course
|Start date||Days and times|
|24 May 2021||24 - 25 May 2021 (09:30-16:30)|
Who it’s for
Yellow Belts are people at the grass root level in the organisation, i.e. shop-floor employees or supervisors, those that play a vital role in bringing cultural change in an organisation and sustaining it on a long-term basis. A Yellow Belt typically has a basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma but will not lead projects on their own.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is for people who are going to be involved in a Six Sigma project as a team member, assisting Black Belts and Green Belts executing sponsored projects. The Yellow Belt collects data, participates in problem solving exercises and adds their personal experiences in resolving the complex problems in organizations.
No prior knowledge of Lean Six Sigma is required for attending this course.
We also offer a combined programme where you can study for the Yellow Belt before progressing to the more advanced Green Belt level.
What you’ll learn
- How Lean and Six Sigma aligns with the principles of Systems Thinking & Industry 4.0
- How to apply the basic principles of Lean and Six Sigma and its key metrics
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement methodology for problem solving
- Understand the Lean Six Sigma organizational infrastructure and its roles and responsibilities
- How to apply the Lean / Six Sigma tools and techniques for problem solving
- Learn how to select a project using an objective project selection methodology for Lean / Six Sigma programme.
- Pass a multiple choice, open book exam at the end of day two
- One resit is allowed during the event.
Online via Zoom.