There are many ways that you can contribute to the work of the Otter Project.
Work with us
Current opportunities are listed on our vacancies page.
Report an otter
The Otter Project relies on members of the public to report otters found dead.
Financial donations, whether small or large, will be put to immediate use on the project. Your contributions help maintain and secure the future of the project and our work to help otter conservation.
How your donations help
- £10 will fund the screening of one otter for parasites.
- £30 will fund the delivery of one otter carcass to the Otter Project.
- £100 will fund the the screening of otter livers for contaminants.
- £250 will fund one otter post-mortem examination and associated reporting.
Donate to the Otter Project online. When completing the donation form, please write "Donation for the Otter Project" in the comments section.
You can help us by donating your time as a volunteer to assist in post-mortem procedures. Many of our volunteers are undergraduates and we also take students through a number of national and international schemes such as ECTARC, IAESTE and Nuffield. We advertise our opportunities to volunteer on our Facebook page.
Get in touch with us for more information about volunteering:
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4046
We are pleased to hear from students interested in conducting their Masters or PhD research on the Otter Project. Please contact Dr Liz Chadwick to discuss possible research areas or to propose your own ideas. Current projects available include:
- Non-volatile chemical communication in otters
Find out more about the Cardiff University Biosciences MRes.