Equality, diversity and Athena SWAN
We are committed to ensuring equality, diversity, inclusiveness and to our Athena SWAN in all of our activities.
The School has its own Equality, Diversity and Athena Swan Committee, which encompasses representation from across the School. Membership of the School’s committee is as follows:
- Carline Beaumont, School Manager (Chair)
- Professor Marcela Votruba, Head of School (Deputy Chair)
- Dr Lydia Harper, External Representative
- Jon Baston, Professional Optometrist
- Savitha Radhakrishnan, HR Advisor
- Judith Colwill, support services
- Dr Irina Erchova, academic research
- Liz Crispie, support services
- Dr Barbara Ryan, academic research
- Dr Phil Lewis, academic research
- Luke Davies, support services.
The committee meets 6 times per year to co-ordinate, manage and review the actions required to support Equality and Diversity policy and initiatives relating to both staff and student issues in liaison with the Equality Managers in Governance and Human Resources.
The University holds the Athena SWAN Bronze award, and the School of Optometry and Vision Sciences also holds the Athena SWAN Bronze award. The School has held Athena Swan status since 2010. Further information can be found on the School’s Athena Swan webpage.
If you have a query relating to the School’s Equality, Diversity and Athena Swan work, please contact the School Manager, Carline Beaumont on 029 20874694 or at BeaumontCP@Cardiff.ac.uk