Architectural Science Masters Industrial Advisory Board (ASM-IAB) convened to connect students with industry
3 December 2019
The Architectural Science Masters Industrial Advisory Board (ASM-IAB) has been convened to facilitate student connections with industry and make suggestions about the direction of a selection of MSc courses.
The ASM-IAB was welcomed by Professor Lupton, Professor Ian Knight and the course leaders and the first discussion was wide-ranging and included new contacts within the profession and ideas to consider for future course development as well as key points for students to apply professionally after graduation.
Respecting the time and environmental footprint of participants, the meeting was arranged to facilitate virtual and asynchronous participation.
Current members include:
- Tony Harrington FICE, FCIWEM, FLSW, CEng – Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Kirk Rushby BA(Hons) DipArch PGDipArch – Architype
- Rory Martin – Frasers Property
- Phil Nedin CEng, FIMechE, FIHEEM – Private Consultant
- Kate Paxton MSc, CSci, MIEnvSc, PIEMA – Hodkinson Consultancy
- Mike Otlet BSc (Hons), CEng, FIStructE, FSFE, DEng – OPS Structural Engineering
- Craig Pilkington BA, MSc, MIET, EngTech, CEPH, OCDEA – WSP Buildings Performance Group
- Elif Istanbulluoglu - Cree by Rhomberg
- Yashika Narula – XCO2
Dr Vicki Stevenson, a member of the ASM-IAB said:
“I am delighted that representatives of the built environment professions are willing to support the further development of the courses within the Architectural Science Master’s Suite at Welsh School of Architecture. Our advisory board members represent a range of relevant professions and have considerable global experience. It’s particularly gratifying that some of our alumni feature within this board and that they are keen to impart their knowledge and experience to benefit current and future students."
If you are interested in participating in the Advisory panel please contact one of the following course leaders:
MSc Environmental Design of Buildings (Local) – Dr Vicki Stevenson email@example.com
MSc Sustainable Mega Buildings – Dr Eshrar Latif firstname.lastname@example.org