The Clinical Innovation Partnership and Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)
The Cardiff Clinical Innovation Partnership MDT offers a range of advice from the cross-cutting board, with intellectual property (IP) and devices experts, academics, clinicians and industry members present.
People from a range of backgrounds and various organizations are invited to present to the panel who provide advice and signposting to maximise the potential of the idea or concept.
Those with a passion for innovation are encouraged and supported by being given the time and resources necessary to carry out their work.
About the Clinical Innovation Partnership
The Clinical Innovation Partnership is a creative initiative aimed at delivering better patient healthcare and wealth creation in Wales.
The agreement between Cardiff and Vale University Health Board and Cardiff University strengthens a commitment to deliver better patient healthcare and boost the economy in Wales.
It aims to accelerate the translation of clinical innovation into improvements in health and clinical services. Based on a long-standing relationship, the agreement brings both organisations closer to work on a range of challenges.
Aims of the MDT
- to be helpful and provide advice and signposting to maximise potential of the idea or concept
- to enhance your contacts and collaboration within the UHB and Cardiff University
- to inform you about IP and copyright
- to inform on the Medical Devices Directive and CE certification
- to signpost potential funding sources or advice
Presenting to the MDT
To facilitate this in the easiest way possible, it makes sense to hear a short presentation (no more than 10 minutes) before you sit down to discuss the project and where you perceive that we can help.
The presentation should outline:
- The problem - this is simply the clinical problem and the magnitude of it in terms of patients/persons affected and approximate health care costs.
- The idea - what your idea is and how it addresses the problem.
- The evidence - what supports your theory and why it should work.
- The potential advantages of your idea.
- How far have you got? - Is there IP? If so have you done a search? Have you developed a prototype or got any funding?
- Is there a need for a clinical trial and what would that look like?
Arranging a meeting
If you would like to arrange a meeting with the MDT please contact us.
If you are able to include details of the areas which you need support with, we can then tailor the meeting members to best advise you.
The Clinical Innovation Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)
Accelerate is a ground-breaking support programme aligned with the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act and A Healthier Wales.