Our research has changed the lives of dying and bereaved people.
We develop and support well designed research and conduct pragmatic studies which will translate into better patient-focussed palliative and end of life care.
We aim to:
- optimise the design and delivery of patient-focused palliative and end of life care
- improve the understanding and support available to family, friends, and carers throughout their experience of dying, death, and bereavement
- enhance society’s understanding and engagement with issues and choices related to end-of-life
- build researcher capacity and attract new research funding to grow and sustain delivery of palliative and end of life care research
Our research spans a range of methodologies and types of research, including:
- multicentre mixed methods studies
- large-scale phase 3 clinical trials
- teaching and supervision of PhD, MSc, and intercalation students
- evaluation projects
Our sector leading research produces the evidence needed to drive change and improve the end-of-life experience for all.