Cell analysis and imaging
Our well-equipped cell analysis and imaging facilities are staffed by experts in flow cytometry, cell sorting and electron and light microscopy.
Whether you are a first time or experienced user of these facilities, our team is here to offer you a comprehensive service to deliver the highest quality results for your project,
We can provide a fully managed service, experimental design advice or simply access to our facilities.
Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Multiple benchtop flow cytometry instruments: Two BD FACSCanto II systems (8 colours), a ThermoFisher Attune NxT (11 colours) and a BD LSR Fortessa cell analyser (16 colours).
- BD FACSAria III (11 colours) for high speed digital cell sorting into tubes (4 way), plates (6, 24, 48, 96 and 384 wells) or onto microscope slides.
- Amnis ImageStream X Mark II (up to 12 channels).
- BD FACSymphony A3 Cell Analyzer. 5 laser configuration (including UV laser) and ability to measure 30 parameters with 96/384 plate capability.
Electron and light microscopy
- Analytic scanning and transmission EM.
- Critical point drying and sputter coating.
- Nanoparticle isolation and characterisation.
- Methodological development with notable expertise in bespoke tissue processing.
- JOEL 840A SEM and access to TEM (managed service only).
Get in touch to discuss how we can support your research:
Central Biotechnology Services
If you are already registered on our equipment booking system, sign in to make a booking.
Whether you are a business or involved in life science research, we can support your research in many ways.