Working with business
Catalysis can make a major contribution to the development of economic and environmentally sustainable manufacturing processes.
Our work has helped develop and refine a range of processes through combinations of conventional and innovative methods.
Why work with us?
We have a successful track record working with a range of businesses, from start-ups, to local and national SMEs, and internationally leading companies in fields such as the automotive, fuel and chemical manufacturing industries.
Our research community has over 15 postdoctoral scientists and 50 postgraduate research students, supported by national and international funding bodies, such as the EPSRC, the EU, the Leverhulme Trust, The Royal Society and the NSF.
We are equipped with excellent research facilities including:
- A range of high resolution NMR spectrometers
- High resolution mass spectrometry (both LC-MS and GC-MS)
- Surface analysis (including XPS, STM and AFM)
- Electron microscopy (SEM with micro-elemental analysis)
- Single crystal and powder X-ray diffractometers
- Temperature programmed techniques: Thermal gravimentric analysis, temperature programmed reduction/oxidation
Get in touch to learn how your company can be involved with the Cardiff Catalysis Institute.
Contact our business gateway on +44 (0)29 2087 6584 for enquiries about working with our researchers and facilities.