Postgraduate Teaching Centre
The £13.5 million Postgraduate Teaching Centre opened in late 2014 and is part of the Cardiff Business School.
- Completed: September 2014
- Cost: £13.5m
- Architects: Boyes Rees Architects
- Contractors: ISG
The Centre has two marquee lecture theatres (with lecture capture facilities), 12 flexible and reconfigurable seminar/teaching rooms, two postgraduate common rooms, the fully-equipped and self-contained executive education suite and a high-tech trading room. The trading room is a 56-seat capacity trading floor, the largest in Wales.
The building has a large central atrium with coffee shop and seating areas ideal for group collaboration, networking or unwinding between lectures.
- twin skin façade which acts as an acoustic screen and allows natural ventilation
- photovoltaic panels which provide 10% of the energy
- green roof areas to aid biodiversity.
A world-leading, research intensive business and management school with a proven track record of excellence.