Public value research
Public value research at Cardiff Business School seeks to improve social and economic conditions by addressing grand challenges in novel, inter-disciplinary ways.
Our faculty are afforded research independence and are free to follow their creative interests. However we are identifying the most pressing grand challenges facing society and categorising where we can provoke change and promote solutions.
This will help to coordinate some of our research activities and ensure we can make the best use of our resources for the greatest social benefit.
Much of our research activity as a faculty is socially driven, such as our work:
- collaborating with policymakers and public service leaders
- in reducing violence through alcohol pricing (working with the School of Dentistry)
- around raising living standards through the living wage
- on tackling disability discrimination
- on promoting sustainable development in Africa.
Watch the video (part of a project financed by our Public Value fund) for a flavour of our activities around disability discrimination: