Support for entrepreneurs
The Enterprise and Start-up Team can support you as you develop skills for business start-up, self-employment and innovation.
Alumni can access the following services for up to three years after graduating:
- networking opportunities
- guest speaker events
- skills and business start-up workshops
- one-to-one business advice
- access to free start-up office space (limited availability)
- access to internal and external mentors.
The Start-up Awards are our annual ideas competition for Cardiff University students and graduates with a total shared prize pot of £20,000 in cash and support available.
There are three entry categories to choose from:
- Curious Explorer is for those with a brand new idea that you’d like to develop.
- Freedom Seeker is for those who have a developed idea with research conducted.
- Go-getter is for anyone already running a business, commercial project, or freelance operation which has been trading for less than two years.
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to present their idea to a panel of judges and will also be invited to the Start-up Awards celebration evening.
- All current Cardiff University students
- Cardiff University graduates up to three years.