The Psychology International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a combination of English language and science-based modules.
It is a nine-month programme designed for students who want to progress into undergraduate study at the School of Psychology at Cardiff University.
On the foundation programme you will study a mix of academic modules and English language modules, obtaining a total of 120 credits.
- Foundations of Psychology
- The Way the Body Works
- Genetics, Evolution and Diversity
And three other modules.
- English Language and Study Skills (10 credits)
- Further English Language and Study Skills (10 credits)
- English for Academic Purposes (20 credits)
- English Orientation Health and Life Sciences (10 credits)
- Advanced English (10 credits)
Teaching, learning and assessment
We employ a variety of teaching methods, all selected to deliver the tuition you need in the best possible way.
Students who obtain a minimum overall average of 60% with no modules below 50% and at least 60% in all English language modules can automatically progress into our School of Psychology.